Comparaţia adjectivelor în limba engleză
– tall, big, happy, old, small, short, young, long, heavy, wet.
Comparaţia adjectivelor – Exemple
înalt = tall
mai înalt decât = taller than
cel mai înalt = the tallest
tânăr = young
mai tânăr decât = younger than (Alex is younger than Tom).
cel mai tânăr = the youngest (She is the youngest).
Comparative and Superlative Irregular adjectives
– good, better, the best
– bad, worse, the worst
– little, less, the least
– much, many, more, the most.
– Liz is good at Science.
– Mike is better than Liz but Steve is the best of all.
– A bad operative is worse than none.
– This was the worst speech the president has ever made.
– Please give me a little milk.
– Please give me less milk than he has.
– He drank the least amount of milk of anyone there.
– Phillip owns many properties in France.
– We didn’t much profit this year.
– Maths is more difficult than History.
– Maths is the most difficult subject we do.