Prezentul simplu arată o acţiune frecventă, repetată (every day, year, month). Are forma de bază a verbului (write, work, read). Pentru persoana a III-a singular se formează cu baza + -s (he writes, she works, he reads).
Present Simple (Affirmative)
Prezentul simplu (Afirmativ).
– I go to school every day.
– He reads a book every month.
– She lives in Braşov.
– I play tennis.
– The train leaves every morning at 8 AM.
– She always forgets her purse.
– Every twelve months, the Earth circles the Sun.
Present Simple (Interrogative)
Prezentul simplu (Interogativ) – La forma interogativă se foloseşte auxiliarul do sau does (la persoana a III-a singular) urmat de verb.
– Do you go to school every day?
– Does he read a book every month?
– Does she live in Bucharest?
– Does he play tennis?
– When does the train usually leave?
– Does the Sun circle the Earth?
– Do you work here?
Present Simple (Negative)
Prezentul simplu (Negativ) – La forma negativă se foloseşte do not (don’t) sau does not (doesn’t).
– I don’t go to school every day.
– He doesn’t read a book every month.
– She doesn’t live in Bucharest.
– She does not play tennis.
– The train does not leave at 9 AM.
– I do not drink wine.
– He does not play football.