Simple Past – To be
– I was on a trip last week.
– Mary was in the park half an hour ago.
– We were in Bucegi last summer.
– They were at the party yesterday.
– Were you in town yesterday?
– Was Tom there, too?
– Were our friends in the mountains, too?
– Were they at Ann’s party?
– I was not at home.
– Tom was not here.
– You were not in the mountains.
– They were not in town last week.
Simple Past – Interrogative Yes/No Questions
– Did You watch TV last night?
– Did Mary go home last week?
– Did he see them last year?
– Did the girl have fun yesterday?
– Did it rain yesterday?
– Did your father buy a newspaper a few hours ago?
– Did you take part in a competition last year?
– Yes, I did. No, I didn’t.
– Yes, she did. No, she didn’t.
– Yes, they did. No, they didn’t.
Simple Past Negative
S + did not/didn’t + V (infinitive) Time
– I did not enjoy the film yesterday.
– Mike didn’t score two goals.
– You did not go to the shop last week.
– John did not play in goal last Sunday.
– We didn’t win the macth last Friday.
– They didn’t do much work yesterday.